The following guides are available at the moment:
- The Dublin Kendo Iaido Beginners Guide - A 64-Page guide that contains a full breakdown of the history of Iaido, Guidelines for Safe Training, a full Iaido FAQ, a summary of Warm Up and Conditioning (Tanren) drills, General Glossary for Terms Frequently Used in Japanese Swordsmanship, Common Phrases and Commands, Common Terms describing important philosophical concepts in Iaijutsu and some Additional Useful Terms.
- The Dublin Kendo Kobukai Jodo Beginners Guide - A 60-Page guide and contains a full breakdown of the history of Jodo, Guidelines for Safe Training, a full Jodo FAQ, a summary of Warm Up and Conditioning (Tanren) drills, General Glossary for Terms Frequently Used in Jodo, The Tandoku and Sotai Dosa, Kata Descriptions, Common Phrases and Commands, Common Terms describing important philosophical concepts in Budo and some Additional Useful Terms.
- Building a Tanren-Uchi - Striking the Tanren-Uchi represents the perfect balance of both Yin and Yang in our training. From devastating physical movement, delivered with the full strength of the body, to the Yin Isometrics, unflinching absorbing that through the body and using that to deliver another devastating strike. Beyond that there is the Yang of the body and it's physical work and the Yin of the mind provides the focus and determination to full engage the body in each strike. It is truly one of the most powerful and important methods of power forging. Physical, mental and emotional. It is excellent tanren. The Primary Benefits of Uchikomi Tanren are as follows:
- Correct Tenouchi
- Whole Body Strength
- Understanding of dispersal of force
- Generation of incredible power
- Focus and precision
- Resistance to injury
- Cultivation of internal strength (steel jacket / Iron shirt training)
Learn to build your own in this Free Guide! Join one of our beginners courses to access the books.